ENDED
00 HOUR 00 MIN. 00 SEC.

Ended in
Any bid made in the last 2 minutes of the auction will automatically reset the auction timer to 2 minutes remaining.

Work: Clothesline of my neighbor by Aline Motta
R$600.00 $116.40 approx.
This auction has ended.

Description

Charity auction of the Work: My neighbor's clothesline by Aline Motta supports the Stage Project.

Photographic printing on cotton paper
45 x 60cm

This work is a photographic investigation about color and shape, time passing, and mirroring tension with the architecture, ways of dressing, and ways of living. For a long time, I photographed my upstairs neighbor's clothesline in Rio de Janeiro, recording the different possibilities that his extended clothes offered me at random. The combination of chance, the climatic conditions of the day, and the different elements formed a picture in constant transformation and that was beyond my control.
What can an image and it's double reflected in my window become for those who see it? Image and likeness?
Anachronism, survival, memory, neighborhood, horizon line, limits, points of view.

About the artist:
Born in Niterói (RJ), lives and works in São Paulo. He holds a BA in Social Communication from UFRJ and a graduate degree in Cinema from The New School University (NY). It combines different techniques and artistic practices, mixing photography, video, installation, performance, sound art, collage, printed matter, and textile materials. His investigation seeks to reveal other corporealities, create meaning, reframe memories, and elaborate on other forms of existence. She was awarded the Rumos Itaú Cultural 2015/2016 Program, the ZUM Photography Scholarship from the Moreira Salles Institute 2018, and the 7th Marcantonio Vilaça 2019 National Industry Award. She recently participated in important exhibitions such as "Histórias Feministas" - MASP, “Histórias Afro- Atlânticas” - MASP / Tomie Ohtake, and "O Rio dos Navegantes" - Museum of Art of Rio / MAR.

Please note postage is not included as part of the final bid.

The method of payment is bank transfer. At the end of the auction the winner shall be served notice by email of the bank details. The payment must be made within forty-eight hours.

Last bids

Comments (0)

• Be the first to comment this auction.

Other auctions

Are you related to a charity or know any that you would like to see on Esolidar?

Let us know.

Recommend us to a Charity